Innovation and market expertise at your side
The National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program's (NRC IRAP) support for your innovation projects goes beyond financial assistance. When you work with us, you also get access to:
- Industrial technology advisors (ITAs) who offer technical and business advice, referrals, and other services from concept to commercialization.
- An extensive network of regional, national, and international partners that can provide you with access to customized support (including business and technology advice and competitive intelligence), connect you with local sources of financing, expertise, and more.
Valuable advice to drive your innovation
Gain a trusted advisor for your project by tapping into our team of more than 250 ITAs across Canada. These veteran R&D professionals all have engineering or science backgrounds and extensive management experience in small and medium-sized businesses.
Working out of technology communities, local associations, universities and colleges across Canada, our ITAs give you access to specialized insights and the collective wisdom of the entire ITA community.
They also know how to connect you to additional sources of support for your project, including:
- technical and business advice
- literature and patent searches
- referrals to other programs and services
- access to expertise
- linkages to appropriate resources
- strategic intelligence
Your very own business support network
Our relationships with universities and colleges, provincial and municipal programs, regional development agencies, other government departments, financing groups, service providers, and industry associations give you access to the talent, services, and collaboration opportunities you need to grow your business. Connect with:
- marketing, financing, legal and other professional advice
- problem identification and solving support
- research and development support
- technology partners
- business and management skills development resources
- knowledge-transfer opportunities
- networking opportunities
- community-specific opportunities