We are committed to fostering innovation through high-precision measurement science and advancements in metrology. We are the federal agency responsible for official time.
Our clients and partners rely on us for accurate, traceable measurements that define the national standard and are in line with international requirements.
Our staff offers unparalleled metrology knowledge and expertise.
Services and information
- Comprehensive suite of mass spectrometers for speciation and quantification
- Precision instrumentation for mass measurement
- World-leading single-ion optical frequency determination
Facilities for rent
- Biotoxin and chemical metrology
- Black carbon metrology
- Electrical power measurements
- Electrical standards
- Frequency and time
- Ionizing radiation standards
- Mechanical metrology
- Nanoscale metrology
- Photometry, radiometry and thermometry
Quality Management System
- We implement a quality management system for our services
- We undertake collaborative projects and activities in support of NRC programs
Applications and tools
Technical and advisory services
Certified Reference Materials
Why work with us
We are universally respected for providing trusted measurement science, advice, and technical services to government and industrial clients, enabling both product and process innovation in areas where precise and reliable measurements are critical to success. High precision and credible measurements can have a significant impact on market success, enabling our clients to better compete, conform, and connect on a global stage.
Martin Rutter, Director, Business Development
LinkedIn: Martin Rutter
- Lipid nanoparticle and liposome reference materials: assessment of size homogeneity and long-term −70 °C and 4 °C storage stability
- Development of lipid nanoparticles and liposomes reference materials (II): cytotoxic profiles
- Site-specific carbon isotope measurements of vanillin reference materials by nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometry
- Production and characterization of a SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein reference material
- Isotope amount ratio measurements by MC-ICP-MS