We deliver advanced technology to Canada's energy and mining sectors by transforming scientific discoveries into applications for industry. Our research and technology development brings the latest innovations in clean energy, advanced mining technologies and environmental remediation to Canadian industry.
Services and information
Industrial R&D groups
Technical and advisory services
Our experts work along the entire technology readiness scale, from fundamental research, to technology development and scale-up, to prototyping and field testing. We can leverage our relationships within the NRC and with our R&D collaborators to create both outstanding science and impactful industry-relevant solutions.
We serve and collaborate with a wide range of organizations from all parts of the energy, mining and environment sectors, including:
- Small and medium sized enterprises
- Large companies, including multinationals
- Research organizations
- Universities and colleges
- Government departments, including federal, provincial/territorial, municipal
The NRC's business models are flexible and depend on the nature of each specific project/initiative:
- Specialized technical services, capitalizing on our unique facilities and expertise.
- Customized research services to address your specific technical challenges
- Collaborative research projects
- Multi-client initiatives, where several organizations have common objectives
- Licensing of NRC-developed technology
Rob James, Business Advisor
- Neural evolution structure generation: high entropy alloys
- A review on the effect of impact toughness and fracture toughness on impact-abrasion wear
- La sécurité des batteries au lithium ionique: utilisation, stockage et élimination (in French only)
- Lithium-ion battery safety primer: for use, storage and disposal
- Effect of pre-main-post diesel injection strategy on greenhouse gas and nitrogen oxide emissions of natural gas/diesel dual-fuel engine at high load conditions