We perform advanced scientific research and provide research services and technology development for the sustainable transformation of Canadian bio-based resources into higher-value products.
Services and information
Technical and advisory services
- Analytical chemistry services
- Bio-analysis and pre-clinical validation
- Bioconversion and bioprocessing
- Characterization, quality assurance and quality control
- DNA sequencing, genotyping and bioinformatics
- Environmental toxicology
- Imaging, fluorescence and microscopy
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
- Seed oil analysis and Oilseed trait engineering
- Plant cell technology and tissue culture
- Plant hormone profiling
Delivering market-ready bio-based products may require additional technologies, process methodologies, genes, or libraries of natural compounds. We extend licensing opportunities for varied applications and geographical regions. Contact our business experts to discuss your needs and find out how partnership with NRC may accelerate your time to market.
We collaborate with industry, academia and government partners to develop and transform agricultural and marine bioresources into food, feed and ingredients, and other high value bioproducts.
The services we offer include:
- Collaborative research opportunities
- Access to expert researchers and technicians
- Scientific advice and technical services
- Projects tailored to your needs using our specialized facilities
- Research and development support
Our goal is to help strengthen the economy by growing global markets for Canadian industry.
- Apparent digestibility of proximate nutrients, energy and fatty acids in nutritionally-balanced diets with partial or complete replacement of dietary fish oil with microbial oil from a novel Schizochytrium sp. (T18) by juvenile Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)
- Insights into the κ/ι-carrageenan metabolism pathway of some marine Pseudoalteromonas species
- Weighted gene co-expression network analysis unveils gene networks associated with the Fusarium head blight resistance in tetraploid wheat
- The transcriptional landscape of polyploid wheats and their diploid ancestors during embryogenesis and grain development
- Nutrient composition and protein quality of microalgae meals produced from the marine prymnesiophyte Pavlova sp. 459 mass-cultivated in enclosed photobioreactors for potential use in salmonid aquafeeds