Technical service highlights
We provide a suite of DNA sequencing and computational services to a broad client base; from small-scale Sanger sequencing to large-scale projects using next-generation sequencing technologies. We have experience with a broad range of library preparation methods, sequencing approaches, and computational analysis with a particular specialization in genome assembly of large polyploid genomes, reduced representation sequencing, sequence-based variant discovery and genotyping, transcriptomics, epigenetics and metagenomics. We strive to maintain flexibility and provide custom services not readily available at other sequencing facilities. Some of the equipment currently maintained in our facility and their capabilities follow:
- Illumina Miseq - Next generation sequencing
- Illumina Hiseq 2500s - High throughput next-generation sequencing
- ABI 3730xl DNA sequencers - Sanger sequencing, including Templiphi preps, Genotyping
- Autogen 965 DNA extraction robot - Automated concurrent extraction of high quality DNA from up to 384 samples
- Fluidigm C1 Single cell genomics module - Single cell isolation and sequencing library preparation
- Fluidigm BioMark HD - High throughput targeted genotyping, gene expression analysis and digital PCR
- Fluidigm Access array - Rapid and highly parallel amplicon library generation
- A linux-based compute cluster with over 300 cores and high-memory (up to 1.5 TB) servers
Why work with us
We pride ourselves in our commitment to clients. We have been delivering reliable routine and custom sequencing solutions since 1987. Our team of genomic and bioinformatics specialists will work with you to provide the best approach to suit your requirements. We can also offer these services as part of a larger solution, drawing on the vast expertise base that exists at the NRC.
Please contact us for fees. We offer fixed prices for routine sequencing as well as custom pricing for non-routine applications. We will also consider collaborative approaches to method development as well as collaborations aimed at achieving program goals.
Would you like to know more about our applied genomic services? If so, contact us:
Business Related Inquiries
Technical Related Inquiries