Our surface analysis and material characterization facility offers test and characterization services that complement our core semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication services. Our experts have experience in all aspects of materials characterization including chemical and physical analysis of surfaces, interfaces and thin films.
- Atomic force microscopy (AFM)
- High-resolution X-ray diffraction (XRD)
- JEOL-JEM-2100F field emission transmission electron microscope (TEM)
- FIB for TEM and SEM sample preparation
- Panalytical MRD high-resolution X-ray diffractometer
- Scanning Auger microscope and spectrometer
- Secondary ion mass spectrometry (SIMS)
Why work with us
The NRC has the largest concentration of expertise and facilities in photonic devices, photonics materials, and semiconductor device fabrication in Canada. Our researchers are internationally recognized leaders in their fields of expertise, which include silicon photonics, high-performance laser design, and material science.
We are the only organization in Canada with a proven ability to support partners in bringing new photonic products from the concept stage, through materials and design development, to early commercialization.
By working with us and making use of our superior technology and technical support, you gain a distinct competitive advantage in the global communications sector.