Roles and responsibilities
Senior Research Officer in the Computer Vision and Graphics Team.
Scientific leader and maneger for R&D projects with institutional and industrial partners.
Current research and/or projects
- design of imaging systems
- performance prediction, calibration and characterization,
- laser triangulation
- passive stereo and photogrammetry
- structured-light imaging
- image processing and understanding
- mobile systems data processing
- sensor fusion
- data-driven visual and physical simulation
Research and/or project statements
Expertise has been apply to:
- manufacturing: industrial imaging and quality control, automation, guided assembly, process control, reverse engineering, and 3D modeling
- aerospace: inspection, manufacturing, and airborne systems data processing
- security: 3D imaging for military imaging
- entertainment: augmented and virtual reality
PhD in Computer Science, University of Montreal , 2007 (Master’s to PhD Fast Track)
Bachelor’s Degree, specialization in Computer Science, University of Montreal, 2001
- Peer-reviewer for international scientific journals.
- Program Committee for international conference.
- Co-supervision of university students (M.sc. and Ph.D.).
- 2017 NRC Award for Program Simulation – Best Internal Collaboration
- 2017 NRC Award for Instant Recognition Program of the GofC.
- 2015 NRC Award for Customer Service Excellence (ICT)
Inventions and patents
- CA2835246A1: High resolution high contrast edge projection
- CA2666256C: Deconvolution-based structured light system with geometrically plausible regularization
- Device kit and method for calibrating large volume 3D imaging system
Marc-Antoine Drouin, François Blais, Michel Picard, Jonathan Boisvert and Jean-Angelo Beraldin: Characterizing the impact of optically induced blurring of a high-resolution phase-shift 3D scanner. Mach. Vis. Appl. 28(8): 903-915 (2017)
Jonathan Boisvert, Marc-Antoine Drouin and Pierre-Marc Jodoin: High-speed transition patterns for video projection, 3D reconstruction, and copyright protection. Pattern Recognition 48(3): 720-731 (2015)
Marc-Antoine Drouin, François Blais and Guy Godin: High Resolution Projector for 3D Imaging. International Conference on 3-D Digital Imaging: 337-344 (2014)
Marc-Antoine Drouin and Jean-Angelo Beraldin, Active 3D Imaging (chapter 3), 3D Imaging, Analysis and Application, (Editor: Yonghuai Liu, Peter Bunting and Nick Pears), Springer (2012).