Roles and responsibilities
Security and Disruptive Technologies Portfolio- developing new materials and printing techniques for printable electronics applications including printable field effect transistors and sensors.
Current research and/or projects
Nanomaterials and printing technology for high performance electronics: SWCNT semiconductors, dielectrics, field-effect transistors and sensors;
Research and/or project statements
- Development of SWCNT based printable electronics for field effect transistors and sensors.
- Optimizing printing technology for low-cost, scalable fabrication of flexible electronics.
- Synthesis of nano-engineered materials and the implementation of these materials in sensors and SWCNT enrichment.
B.Sc Chemistry, Nanjing University, 2009;
M.S. Chemical Engineering, Pohang University of Science and Technology, 2011;
Ph.D. Chemical & Nano Engineering, University of Waterloo, 2015
Member of the American Chemical Society
- NRC SDT Growing Canadian Business (Team award) – 2018
Inventions and patents
INDIGO-BASED POLYMERS FOR USE IN SWCNTS ELECTRONICS, U.S. Provisional Patent Application No. 62/718,659
see Google Scholar Page for full listing of publications and patents: https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=gLvLE8kAAAAJ&hl=en
- Li, Z.; Ding, J.; Guo, C.; Lefebvre, J.; Malenfant, P.; “Decomposable s -Tetrazine Copolymer Enables Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Thin Film Transistors and Sensors with Improved Sensitivity”, Adv. Functional Materials, 2018, 28:1705568
- Ouyang, J.; Ding, J.; Lefebvre, J.; Li, Z.; Guo, C.; Kell, A.; Malenfant, P.; “Sorting of Semiconducting Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube in Polar Solvents with an Amphiphilic Conjugated Polymer Provides General Guidelines for Enrichment”, ACS NANO, 2018, 12: 1910
- Guo, C.; Sun, B.; Quinn, J.; Li, Y., " Dramatically Different Charge Transport Properties of Bisthienyl Diketopyrrolopyrrole-Bithiazole Copolymers Synthesized via Two Direct (Hetero)arylation Polymerization Routes" Polymer Chemistry, 2016, 2016, 7(27): 4515-4524.
- Tilleya, A.; Guo, C.; Miltenburg, M.; Schona, T.; Yan, H.; Li, Y.; Seferosa, D., "Thionation Enhances the Electron Mobility of Perylene Diimide for High Performance n-Channel Organic Field Effect Transistors" Advanced Functional Materials, 2015, 3: 3321-3329.
- Guo, C.; Sun, B.; Quinn, J.; Yan, Z.; Li, Y., "Synthesis and properties of indigo based donor-acceptor conjugated polymers." Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2014, 2: 4289-4296
Previous work experience
University of Waterloo, Department of Chemical Engineering April 2016 – June 2016
- Development of high mobility polymer semiconductors for OTFTs
- Enabling donor materials for polymer solar cells.