Roles and responsibilities
Research officer, Aluminium forming
Current research and/or projects
Experimental and numerical simulation activities in the fields of aluminium sheet forming and die casting to enable new technologies for efficient processes and high-strength automotive components
Research and/or project statements
- High-strength aluminium sheet metal forming for automotive components
- Experimental trials for structural aluminium die casting technologies on a 530 Ton Buhler press and vacuum system at Saguenay
- Static and fatigue testing for materials and assemblies
- B.Ing. Mechanical engineering, automotive engineering specialization, École Polytechnique de Montréal, 2008
- Ph.D. Mechanical engineering, École Polytechnique de Montréal, 2012
- Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, ing. jr.
- Invited speaker, University of Windsor, Fundamentals of Automotive Engineering course (2014-2015)
NSERC Post-doctoral fellowship (2015) and Graduate Scholarship (2011-2012)
- Gariépy, A., Nadeau, F., Gambou-Bosca, A, Grégoire, H. Investigation of the fatigue fracture characteristics between friction-stir welded aluminium overlap joints with differents alloys and tools, 12th International Symposium on FSW, Saguenay, Qc, June 26-28, 2018.
- Gariépy, A., Bridier, F., Hoseini, M., Bocher, P., Perron, C., Lévesque, M., 2013. Experimental and numerical investigation of material heterogeneity in shot peened aluminium alloy AA2024-T351. Surf. Coat. Technol. 219, 15-30.
- Gariépy, A., Cyr, J., Levers, A., Perron, C., Bocher, P., Lévesque, M., 2012. Potential applications of peen forming finite element modelling. Adv. Eng. Softw. 52, 60-71.
- Gariépy, A., Larose, S., Perron, C., Lévesque, M., 2011. Shot peening and peen forming finite element modelling – Towards a quantitative method. Int. J. Solids Struct. 48 (20), 2859-2877.
- Gariépy, A., Miao, H., Lévesque, M., 2014. Peen forming, in S. Hashmi, S. Button (Ed.), Comprehensive Materials Processing Vol. 3: Advanced Forming Technologies, Elsevier Ltd., 295–329.
Previous work experience
- June 2015 - June 2016
École de Technologie Supérieure / Siemens Canada
- October 2012 - June 2015
MEDA Limited, at FCA Canada Automotive Research and Development Center
Finite element analyst