Roles and responsibilities
Research officer, Aluminium forming
Current research and/or projects
Experimental and numerical simulation activities in the fields of aluminium sheet forming and die casting to enable new technologies for efficient processes and high-strength automotive components
Research and/or project statements
- High-strength aluminium sheet metal forming for automotive components
- Experimental trials for structural aluminium die casting technologies on a 530 Ton Buhler press and vacuum system at Saguenay
- Static and fatigue testing for materials and assemblies
- B.Ing. Mechanical engineering, automotive engineering specialization, École Polytechnique de Montréal, 2008
- Ph.D. Mechanical engineering, École Polytechnique de Montréal, 2012
- Ordre des Ingénieurs du Québec, ing. jr.
- Invited speaker, University of Windsor, Fundamentals of Automotive Engineering course (2014-2015)
NSERC Post-doctoral fellowship (2015) and Graduate Scholarship (2011-2012)
- Gariépy, A., Nadeau, F., Gambou-Bosca, A, Grégoire, H. Investigation of the fatigue fracture characteristics between friction-stir welded aluminium overlap joints with differents alloys and tools, 12th International Symposium on FSW, Saguenay, Qc, June 26-28, 2018.
- Gariépy, A., Bridier, F., Hoseini, M., Bocher, P., Perron, C., Lévesque, M., 2013. Experimental and numerical investigation of material heterogeneity in shot peened aluminium alloy AA2024-T351. Surf. Coat. Technol. 219, 15-30.
- Gariépy, A., Cyr, J., Levers, A., Perron, C., Bocher, P., Lévesque, M., 2012. Potential applications of peen forming finite element modelling. Adv. Eng. Softw. 52, 60-71.
- Gariépy, A., Larose, S., Perron, C., Lévesque, M., 2011. Shot peening and peen forming finite element modelling – Towards a quantitative method. Int. J. Solids Struct. 48 (20), 2859-2877.
- Gariépy, A., Miao, H., Lévesque, M., 2014. Peen forming, in S. Hashmi, S. Button (Ed.), Comprehensive Materials Processing Vol. 3: Advanced Forming Technologies, Elsevier Ltd., 295–329.
Previous work experience
- June 2015 - June 2016
École de Technologie Supérieure / Siemens Canada
- October 2012 - June 2015
MEDA Limited, at FCA Canada Automotive Research and Development Center
Finite element analyst
Associate Research Officer
Automotive and Surface Transportation
501 University Boulevard East
Saguenay, Quebec G7H 8C3
Preferred language: French
Other(s): English, French
Sciences, Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Material processing, Mechanical Engineering