Roles and responsibilities
Assistant Research Officer in Façade Systems and Products group focusing on the generation of climatic data needed for the testing and evaluation of building envelopes under historical, and projected future climates.
Current research and/or projects
- Lead researcher with Infrastructure Canada’s Climate Resilience Buildings – Core Public Infrastructure (CRBCPI) sponsored project working on the development of climatic database for building envelopes design and research.
- Contributor to Infrastructure Canada’s CRBCPI project focusing on the assessment of the durability of building envelopes, overheating in buildings, and wildland urban interface fire hazards under historical and future projected climates.
- Contributor to Tall Wood buildings project focussed on the evaluation of the effects of climate change and extreme events on the performance and durability of Tall Wood building envelopes.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Western University, Canada (2016)
- Master of Engineering Science, Western University, Canada (2013)
- Bachelor of Technology, National Institute of Technology Durgapur, India (2010)
- American Society for Civil Engineers
- 2018 Construction Research Centre Rising Star award, National Research Council Canada (2019)
- 2018 Construction Research Centre Value for Canada award, National Research Council Canada (2019)
- Graduate Research Scholarship, Western University (2016)
- Working Internships in Science and Engineering, German Academic Exchange Service (2009)
- Lacasse, M.; Defo, M.; Gaur, A.; Moore, T.; Sahyoun, S. (2018), Approach for assessing the climate resilience of buildings to the effects of hygrothermal loads, Technical Report CRB-CPI-Y2-R18 / NRCC-CONST-56269E; National Research Council Canada; Construction Research Centre; 44 p. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4224/23003982.
- Gaur, A.; Lacasse, M. (2018) Multisite multivariate disaggregation of climate parameters using multiplicative random cascades. Urban Climate 26: 121-132.
- Gaur, A.; Eichenbaum, M.; Simonovic, S.P. (2017) Analysis and modelling of surface Urban Heat Island in 20 Canadian cities under climate and land-cover change. Journal of Environmental Management 206: 145-157.
Previous work experience
- Research Associate, National Research Council Canada (2017-2018)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Western University, Canada (2016 –2017)
ResearchGate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Abhishek_Gaur7
ORCID profile: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0141-6054
Google scholar profile: https://scholar.google.ca/citations?user=BMD5aKAAAAAJ&hl=en
Associate Research Officer
1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R6
Preferred language: English
Environment, Climate change adaptation, Climate, Trends and variability, Climate Change and Processes, Geographic data, Mapping, Risk assessment, Natural Hazards, Simulation & Numerical Modelling, Technology