Assessing strengths and weaknesses and engaging in ongoing self-development and improvement; maintaining effectiveness in the face of change or ambiguity.
Self-assesses and monitors oneself to maintain personal effectiveness
- Continually self-assesses and seeks feedback from others to identify strengths and weaknesses and ways of improving.
- Seeks to close gaps in knowledge and skills through self-learning, and/or seeking assistance, advice, training or coaching.
- Continually expands level of knowledge in relevant fields of expertise.
- Continually applies knowledge and new learning to improve job performance.
- Persists in asking questions to learn and to identify better ways of doing things.
- Keeps abreast of changes in technical requirements and standards.
Seeks to improve and maintain personal effectiveness in high demand situations
- Sets challenging goals and standards of excellence for self.
- Seeks new assignments as development opportunities.
- Identifies personal learning objectives based on anticipated needs.
- Strives to continue to meet commitments despite heavy workload.
- Responds and adapts to technological and organizational change through new learning.
Impacts on effectiveness of others
- Fosters an environment that contributes to continuous learning.
- Effectively mentors and coaches others.
- Maintains effective judgments, decision-making and responds constructively towards others in high demand, difficult or stressful periods or situations.