Assessing strengths and weaknesses and engaging in ongoing self-development and improvement; maintaining effectiveness in the face of change or ambiguity.
Self-assesses and monitors oneself to maintain personal effectiveness
- Recognizes and seeks to close gaps in knowledge and skills through self-learning, and/or seeking assistance, advice or coaching.
- Applies new knowledge and learning to improve job performance.
- Takes advantage of learning opportunities.
- Self-assesses and seeks feedback from others to identify strengths and weaknesses and ways of improving.
Seeks to improve and maintain personal effectiveness in high demand situations
- Recognizes personal work capacity and limitations, and manages work accordingly (e.g. delegate, modify priorities).
- Maintains effectiveness, self-control and a professional attitude when challenged or in situations that are ambiguous or beyond one's control.
- Actively pursues self-development on an ongoing basis (technically and personally).
- Designs personal learning objectives based on anticipated future needs of the work unit and NRC.
- Uses change as an opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Sets challenging goals and standards of excellence for self.
Impacts on effectiveness of others
- Maintains effective judgments and decision-making, and responds constructively towards others in high demand, difficult or stressful periods or situations.
- Positively influences others by remaining energized, enthusiastic and confident in the face of difficult and prolonged work demands.