Place an order
Code publications produced by Codes Canada are available free in electronic format and for purchase in printed format. User's Guides now have a reduced rate for both formats.
To access both the free products and those available for purchase, place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, you can send a completed order form (PDF, 302 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, e-mail or regular mail.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order's status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
eBook format: Available from eVantage in eBook format. Note that the eVantage eBook contains additional functionality and is not a free product. To purchase, visit the eVantage on-line store.
This first edition of the User’s Guide to the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB) is designed to complement the National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2011 (NECB) by providing additional background information as well as detailed examples and calculations. It describes the various compliance approaches in the NECB and presents examples of trade-off path calculations.
The User’s Guide is an ideal training tool for educators and trainers and features checklists at the end of each Part to help designers verify that provisions in the NECB have been considered in their design. Code users familiar with the useful explanatory material in the appendices of the Model National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 1997 (MNECB) will note that much of this material has been updated in the new User’s Guide and augmented with additional examples and information. This material includes calculation examples for thermal properties of building assemblies.
Table of contents
- Commentary on Part 3 Building Envelope
- Commentary on Part 4 Lighting
- Commentary on Part 5 Heating, Ventilating and Air-conditioning Systems
- Commentary on Part 6 Service Water Heating Systems
- Commentary on Part 7 Electrical Power Systems and Motors
- Commentary on Part 8 Building Energy Performance Compliance Path
- Soft Cover $45.00 CAD
- Downloadable, offline access PDF file $45.00 CAD. This file is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Single user, online access subscription (1 year $25.00 CAD) allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.
- Concurrent user, online access subscription (Email: CONSTPubSales-Ventes@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca for a quote) allows a number of users on the same network to access Code documents simultaneously, available only to organizations.
Printing is unlimited for the Downloadable PDF format, and limited to 20 pages at a time for Single User Online.