Place an order
Code publications produced by Codes Canada are available free in electronic format and for purchase in printed format. User's Guides now have a reduced rate for both formats.
To access both the free products and those available for purchase, place your order on-line by selecting your products through the NRC Virtual Store. Alternatively, you can send a completed order form (PDF, 500 KB) to Codes Canada Publication Sales by fax, e-mail or regular mail.
Please note: Do not submit your order more than once. If you are unsure of your order's status, please call Codes Canada Publication Sales to confirm it. Please submit your order only once either by fax, by mail, by e-mail or through the Virtual Store.
Phone: 1-800-672-7990 or 1-613-993-2463
Opening Hours: 8:30am to 4:30pm eastern time, Monday to Friday.
To choose the right edition of the Code for your jurisdiction, check with the municipal, provincial or territorial official.
eBook format: Available from eVantage in eBook format. Note that the eVantage eBook contains additional functionality and is not a free product. To purchase, visit the eVantage on-line store.
The National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 (NPC), published by NRC and developed by the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes, sets out technical provisions for the design and installation of new plumbing systems and also applies to the extension, alteration, renewal and repair of existing plumbing systems.
Twenty-eight technical changes are incorporated in the NPC 2015, increasing design and material choices and introducing water-use efficiency for plumbing fixtures, supply fittings and shower heads. The new water-efficiency requirements aim to reduce water usage in all buildings, regardless of water source. The Environment objective, already in the National Energy Code for Buildings and the National Building Code, was also introduced into the NPC 2015 to address “excessive use of water.”
The NPC 2015 has been re-organized to consolidate relevant information. Each Part now contains the Prescriptive Requirements, followed by the Attribution Table and related (appendix) Notes.
The NPC 2015 is an essential resource for anyone who designs or installs plumbing systems.
Table of contents
- Relationship of the NPC to Standards Development and Conformity Assessment
- Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes and Standing Committees
- Division A: Compliance, Objectives and Functional Statements
- Part 1: Compliance
- Part 2: Objectives
- Part 3: Functional Statements
- Division B: Acceptable Solutions
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Plumbing Systems
- Division C: Administrative Provisions
- Part 1: General
- Part 2: Administrative Provisions
- Binder $55.00 CAD
- Soft Cover $50.00 CAD
- Free downloadable, offline access PDF file. This file is locked to an individual computer and cannot be transferred. It cannot be installed on a network drive.
- Free single user, online access subscription allows users to view the publications online from any computer connected to the Internet.